Memories of Windurst

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Feelin' Better

After getting myself thoroughly worked up (see previous post: Maintenance Blues), I decided to go look for a party in the Maze of Shakrami, and solo Canyon Rarabs en route. But after getting my a** handed to me by a Rarab (that be no or'nary rrrabbit!), and failing to find many party prospects in the maze, I was beginning to wonder if I shouldn't just pack it in and head for the dunes instead.

At that moment, by providence or design, my linkshell buddy, Stump, happened to run by, in pursuit of Windurst Mission 2-1. Having the same mission myself, we decided to complete it together, with the help of the level 26 WAR that I met in the maze (thanks, Akbear!!). Despite getting slaughtered by a Ghoul and chased by a Maze Scorpion, we managed to complete the mission. Finally, before calling it a night, we returned to the Horutoto Ruins to help Bableubiont -- who has agreed to take me to Jeuno (thanks, Bable!!) -- with a misison of his own.

When all was said and done, I had been defeated three times (by a rabbit, a ghoul, and a lord-knows-what in the Horutoto Ruins), with a net EXP loss on both my main and support jobs -- but you know what? I had an absolute blast doing it!

And that, my friends, is what it's all about...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home