Memories of Windurst

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Maintenance Blues

One disadvantage of being one-and-a-half hours ahead of Eastern Time is that the PlayOnline maintenance period typically doesn't end until about 10:30pm. So with a couple hours to go, and the kids in bed, I decide to dig around Allakhazam.com in the hope of finding some information on how to reliably synthesize Witch Kabobs. (If you can help, please send info.) Instead, one of the first things I stumble across is a rather touching little story about losing touch with one's friends in Vana'diel.

At this point, I had been soloing my Black Mage support job for what feels like ages, and hadn't partied with my online friends for quite some time. I was already feeling a little blue at seeing their names show up in Jeuno or Qufim or Rabao while I was still stuck in Windurst, and was starting to feel the call of the Valkurm Dunes all over again, so reading this story put me over the top and I bawled like a baby. (Okay, not really, but I admit it did bring a tear to my eye.)

So -- I'd like to extend an open invitation to my online friends and linkshell members: if you see me online and want to party or complete a quest together or just go exploring somewhere, send me a /tell and I'll be there.

The servers are back up. Think I'll go party...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home